Improve how you communicate your coronavirus response
On this page you can find ideas and examples of ways to improve how you communicate your coronavirus response with residents through your council website.
These tips will help you make the most of your existing resources to communicate important information in a way that is user-friendly, accessible and inclusive. They can also be applied to any crisis response in your region, such as flooding.
General guidance for local councils during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak can be found on GOV.UK.
Website and communications checklist
Here are 8 ways you could improve your website and communications:
- Add a banner that stands out on your homepage
- Use the language that your residents use
- Include web forms for new coronavirus-related services
- Make sure contact details are easy to find
- Use different social media platforms to reach your users
- Make your services available to digitally excluded residents
- Provide content that is accessible to people with disabilities and non-English speakers
- Feature live service information