Discover project planning and collaboration tools for working remotely in this online course from FutureLearn.
Today, work happens in different locations and in less traditional ways. More of us than ever spend time working from home.
On this course, you’ll explore the challenges and benefits of remote working. You’ll consider different technologies for collaboration and get introduced to project management tools that can help to ease the difficulties of working remotely.
You’ll also develop practical planning skills as you learn to produce an action plan for successful remote working and get advice for starting to work remotely in the real world.
Featured in the UK government’s The Skills Toolkit collection.
Who this course is suitable for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Discuss the challenges and opportunities of remote working
- Explore the main requirements for successful remote working
- Develop an action plan for successful remote working
- Discuss strategies for effective collaborative working
- Experiment with time and project management tools
- Explore tools and resources to help you work remotely
- Produce a detailed plan for successful remote working
Who developed this course
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators c