Explore big ideas about decision-making and risk and learn about the decision-making process, with this course for professionals.
Understand the decision-making process in a management context
How do we make decisions? How does our understanding of risk affect our decisions? Get answers to these questions and more, with this short course that explores big ideas about decision-making and risk.
You will learn about the definition of risk and look at some of the barriers that hinder effective decision-making in our professional and personal lives. You will also look at some techniques that could help overcome these barriers, and analyse Daniel Kahneman’s decision-making model.
What topics will you cover?
- The difference between risk and uncertainty: are our professional and personal decisions as good as we think they are?
- The nature of data and information
- The challenges facing data management
- Risk management
- Barriers to effective decision-making
Who this course is suitable for
This course is for anyone looking to improve their knowledge of decision-making and risk within an organisation or business.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore the nature of data and information
- Explore the challenges facing data management
- Explain the difference between risk and uncertainty
- Explore and deal with barriers to effective decision-making
Who developed this course
Coventry secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.