Have you ever had a digital problem that you didn’t know how to solve? Get acquainted with the principle of human-centred design.
Find effective resolutions to digital problems using design thinking
Human-centred design is a creative approach to problem solving. It focuses on understanding the needs of the people who have a problem in order to design appropriate solutions.
On this course you’ll learn about the five-stage process and have the opportunity to take part in practical activities to try each stage of the process.
You’ll learn why this method of thinking is effective, how to use it, and which jobs use the process.
You’ll also become familiar with how to collect the right information and data to prove a solution can work in the real world.
Featured in the UK government’s The Skills Toolkit collection.
Who this course is suitable for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify the kinds of problem that can be solved with human-centred design
- Summarise the activities needed to run a successful human-centred design project
- Develop a human-centred design mindset to approach a problem
- Apply the Design Thinking process to a real-world problem
- Investigate how making and testing rough prototypes helps improvement
- Collect information and data that help prove a solution will work in the real world
Who developed this course
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.