Discover the fundamentals of content design. Learn about user-centred content that’s easy for everyone to understand and access.
Learn how to apply user-centred design methods to enhance your digital content
On this course, you’ll get to grips with the main concepts of effective user-centred content design.
You’ll develop your skills and confidence in designing content that is accessible, backed by user research and written in plain English.
As you explore the role of the content designer, you’ll learn the value of journey mapping and prototyping and how to use data to improve and iterate your content.
You’ll also learn how content designers work across government and the public sector, and have the opportunity to exchange tips and best practice with other learners on the course.
What topics will you cover?
This course covers important content design principles. It is based on the Digital Data and Technology (DDaT) framework, and includes:
- content design as a profession, including what content design is, what a content designer does and the skills they need
- a focus on users, including accessibility, user needs, user research, journey mapping and prototyping
- producing good digital content, including using plain English and structuring content to make it easy to understand and navigate
- improving your content, including managing the content lifecycle, and how to use data to improve and iterate content and influence stakeholders
- improving your career, including understanding the different roles within product teams and joining a content community
Who this course is suitable for
This course is designed specifically for new content designers or for those who work in roles which involve content design.
The principles and ideas covered in the course will be useful for content professionals across all sectors.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Demonstrate the main skills and knowledge needed for user-centred content design
- Interpret common data measures to make content decisions
- Apply principles of accessibility to content design
- Reflect on your own skills and professional development
- Contribute to the content community by sharing your experience and insights
Who developed this course
Government Digital Service
The Government Digital Service (GDS) leads the digital transformation of government.
We work with departments to help them with their own transformation, building platforms, standards, and digital services. Together, we work to make public services simpler and better.
We are agile and put user needs first.
We run GOV.UK – the best place to find government services and information. We also build platforms like GOV.UK Verify, GOV.UK Notify and GOV.UK Pay.