Develop an in-depth understanding of leadership by assessing your own leadership qualities with the use of different theories.
Discover your leadership qualities
Are leaders born or made?
On this short course, you will have the opportunity to examine the evolution of leadership theory by exploring the key concepts of leadership.
You will also have the chance to discuss and investigate the differences between leaders and managers and assess your own leadership qualities through leadership questionnaires.
What topics will you cover?
- What is leadership?
- The evolution of leadership theory
- Assigned versus emergent leadership
- The relationship between power and leadership
- Identifying the difference between leader and manager
- The Leadership Trait Questionnaire
Who this course is suitable for?
This course is for those who want to progress into a leadership role in their company or career, and for those looking for leadership skills as part of their continued professional development.
What you’ll achieve
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore the fundamental concepts of leadership and the evolution of leadership theory
- Identify the differences between a leader and a manager
- Assess your own leadership qualities
Who developed this course
Coventry secured gold in the UK Government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is University of the Year for Student Experience in The Times & The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.