There are a number separate pipeline technology projects relating to the Council’s in-house delivered Bereavement Service. At the core of each is how underlying data is stored, processed and used to manage the service. The current database is held on a legacy platform requiring migration for security, performance and support improvements. However, a wider discovery project is needed to help determine what the key problems are from a customer experience perspective. As well as to identify the main operational pain points.
There is an absence of web channels for the service, so there is the clear potential make more services (of which a number are income generating) available online e.g. Memorial Requests, Book of Remembrance. The current paper based format of records presents a security risk and prevents making an online search facility available for relatives.
We want to carry out a Discovery project to:
- Map the current customer experience
- Carry out user research with customers of the service
- Produce a to-be journey map
- Convey a shared understanding with key stakeholders
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management