Project Management technology platform
Project management is essential to Councils. A skill required by all, not just project managers. However, there is a common struggle to manage different variables within a project with a single solution. More often than not, specialist tools are used in conjunction, i.e. MS Project, MS Excel and a collaborative repository to hold and share the data.
Can one system automate standard elements of every project, provide virtual project coordination during the process and enable collaborative working and effective information management? Integrating with existing systems, preventing duplication and easily used by all Council officers?
Could the system support the management of a portfolio of projects? Aid decision-making by measuring a range of project scopes against the mission statement and principles of an organisation, then score and rank the projects?
As councils need to be transparent, efficient and cost effective, exploring how digital tools can improve the management of projects is necessary to ensure consistency. Analysis will include:
- Secure information and system with levels of authorisations
- Multi-GUI for the same core-knowledge
- AI system which can connect to all types information according to user needs
- Easy and flexible ways to generate various compatible reports
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to digital business analysis