Gravesham Borough Council’s parking team issue resident parking permits, visitor permits and a variety of other special permits. The current system of issuing a parking permit is a manually administered process which is not integrated with the parking system. Permits are printed on special stationary using a special printer. Application forms to apply for a permit are all paper based and residents and staff alike must re-apply every 12 months by completing yet another paper application form. If someone changes their vehicle or address, they fill in yet another paper form to request the changes.
There’s an opportunity to re-design the way in which we administer parking permits around the improvements that digital can provide.
Our discovery phase would deliver
- Analysis into how inefficient the current process is.
- Research into the user need that a redesigned permit application process should meet.
- Research into how others issue and administer parking permits.
- A prototype process for a digital parking permit application service.
- Prototype patterns for the front end of a digital permit application process.
- Descriptions of which type of technology would need to be used.
In summary, we would like to discover how to transform a manually administered process for applying for and issuing parking permits, to reduce cost, improve staff efficiency and better meet user need.
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to product management
- Introduction to digital business analysis