The proposed platform has been mapped and is aligned to the Self Build and Custom Build Act 2015 and provides a cost effective, user friendly approach.
The solution will;
- Automate eligibility verification, providing the customer with an instant response thus reducing transaction cost and time of local authority staff.
- Offer a self-management portal, allowing users the opportunity to amend their application. IE change preferred location, or project type.
- Provide a portal where verified Land owners are connected with those who require land, thus linking supply to demand. It will be linked to a Geographical Information System (GIS) mapping the exact location, it will also provide the history of the land use and planning application status information.
- Generate live reports as per legislative requirements and to support decision making.
The Self Build and Custom Build Act 2015 has a clear requirement for those authorities who have powers to; plan housing, land use policy, dispose of local authority land and regeneration. It mandates them to maintain a self-build register, generate annual reports on demographic demand characteristics and the councils progress towards meeting these demands.
Following a period of review, it became evident that response times should be reduced. The complexity of matching demand to suitable land should be simplified. Generating reports for a range of external stakeholders (land owners, agents, registrants and developers) is time consuming.
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to digital business analysis