APIs for Revs and Bens
Sedgemoor, and Calderdale are the only two councils in England who operate an in-house ‘Revs and Bens’ system. At Sedgemoor, we intend to re-invent our system onto a modern platform during 18/19 so that customers can serve themselves, where currently there is unnecessary back-office administration.
We would like to discover
- which ‘revs and bens’ processes customers want to access as self-service automated digital services;
- which of those could be automated and which APIs would be necessary;
- the potential improved customer experience when accessing a Revs and Bens service supported by these APIs;
- the potential impact and savings for a Revs and Bens department
- how those APIs could fit with other digital components and platforms;
- how existing and potential suppliers of ‘Revs and Bens’ systems would embrace a standard set of APIs;
- how councils may be presented with new choices to fulfil Revs and Bens functions;
- the applicability of existing data standards for ‘Revs and Bens’.
As the two councils are not aligned to a proprietary provider of Revs and Bens solutions, we can bring an independent exploration of the opportunity, while engaging with
- MHCLG, DWP
- the three existing suppliers of back-office solutions.
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Agile for teams