Councils increasingly have transformation teams with digital skills but they tend to be small teams struggling to manage the demand from services wanting digital change.
There have been small scale successes with design sprint and agile discovery projects utilizing GDS methodology, however traditional council governance, culture and structure make it difficult to do this at scale and pace.
We want to understand the challenges to deploying this thinking, and why service design and agile methods are so difficult to implement in a local government setting.
We want to look at:
– How useful current training and development on offer are to the teams involved in redesigning digital services.
– Common experiences & pain points across Councils
– Experiences of service teams trying to startup and run transformation projects
– Experiences of digital and transformation teams and how they manage demand
– How tools & methods can be used to facilitate digital transformation at scale
– How to practically change the culture of an organisation so that we can transform at scale
- Digital leadership training (for council leaders, service managers or senior executives)
- Digital and agile awareness
- Introduction to user research
- Introduction to service design
- Introduction to delivery management
- Introduction to product management
- Introduction to digital business analysis
- Agile for teams