This discovery has explored the feasibility of adopting or developing a common, open source platform for local government to use to develop chatbot/AI solutions.
Local authorities face a variety of issues when looking to adopt chatbot and AI solutions. As there is no shared understanding of the pros and cons of the tech, the range of products available is broad with no sound evidence base for their use.
This discovery project aimed to summarise the available options, create a methodology for evaluating available solutions, and produce research and case studies to help councils develop business cases.
All Local Digital Fund Discovery projects were asked to provide the following information at completion:
- User research report
- Benefits case
- Recommendations for next steps
In April 2019, the project team submitted the following documents. The Local Digital Collaboration Unit are currently reviewing these and feedback will be published here later in May.
- Discovery report (PDF, 550KB)
- Case studies (PDF, 420KB)
- Example conversational AI architecture (PDF, 366KB)
- ROI analysis and market summary (PDF, 455KB)
- Technology landscape review (PDF, 471KB)
- User research report (PDF, 18.7MB)
If you cannot access these documents, please contact the Local Digital team to receive them in an alternative format.