This discovery aimed to investigate how new technologies like Amazon’s Alexa and chatbots have the potential to reduce the need for expensive face-to-face visits.
The hypothesis for this project was that a small reduction (between 15% – 20%) in the six million hours of Home Support calls could generate savings.
All Local Digital Fund Discovery projects were asked to provide the following information at completion:
- User research report
- Benefits case
- Recommendations for next steps
In April 2019, the project team submitted the following documents. The Local Digital Collaboration Unit are currently reviewing these and feedback will be published here later in May.
- Discovery report (PDF, 474KB)
- Benefits case (PDF, 188KB)
- Research overview (PDF, 375KB)
- Questionnaire – older adults (PDF, 120KB)
- Questionnaire – informal carers (PDF, 122KB)
- Questionnaire – professional carers (PDF, 118KB)
- User and desk-based research (PDF, 4.2MB)
If you cannot access these documents, please contact the Local Digital team to receive them in an alternative format.